Friday, July 9, 2010

going spotty...a perfect little art smock

I cut a basic art smock template that would be suitable for a toddler...



From Spotlight i found this plastic spotty table cloth & dug out some navy spotty ribbon from my craft box... i just adore red, white and navy!



I used the ribbon to create easy to adjust straps for around the neck and back - I hand sewed these in place...



I decided not to sew around the smock - the plastic table cloth does not frey and I wanted this to be a quick and easy project...



I have made 3 little smocks...perfect for when my nephews come over to play, cook and craft with me and my little one...



Ready to put to the test...we will bake muffins in the morning wearing the new little smock. The best thing about this activity for me is that it was quick, easy and i love spots!!! also had enough left over to make a drop sheet for under the easel or it can be used on our crafting table.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Fantastic idea!
Might have to pop over to spotlight this week and checkout there table cloth section!
Byron been asking to do painting for weeks now!