Friday, September 24, 2010


Rocket to the moon... 









This was inspired by the book Let's Send a Rocket, poems for me  that we picked up from a local fair for 50c. It's a quick and easy experiment that gives hours of entertainment (for little ones and their parents)!

Dada's quick and easy instructions:
1. Thread the string through a drinking straw
2. Tie the string to a set of poles/chairs (whatever is available) 
3. Blow up balloon and tape top section to the straw (don't tie balloon off)

 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 blast off............

This book was published in 1968 and is full of really odd and funny poems for kids - the pictures  are wonderful.




8 comments:

Frances said...

This is genius! :)

Jane said...

What a cute idea, Sarah - thanks for posting. Will have to show Mr PB! Have a fab weekend. J x

Emma said...

Don't know what I love more... the shorts on your little guy, the vintage book or the genius experiment!

Cat said...

How cool. It looks like lots of fun and such a simple experiment that keeps everyone entertained. Thanks for sharing.xo

Emma said...

Hi Sarah! Our local tip has 3 wooden boats at the moment! Our one washed up after a storm and the council were about to take it to the tip, I asked if I could have it... They were delighted I was going to take it away for them! Husband not so much, until he saw how much the boys loved it. They play in it everyday. Maybe ring your local tip and ask? Also maybe try a marina? The pirate ship was a gift from my parents, I will ask where they found it. Have a wonderful weekend. x

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

love the pictures! looks like you guys can make a party out of anything.

Kristi said...

you scored...we love poem books over here and good ones are hard to find.

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

I saw this on playschool once - I must give it a try this week - thanks!! We love simple activities and ones that don't involve mess (I always seem to pick those ones) are always valued.