Friday, October 15, 2010


I was sent a "getting to know you" tag....by the very lovely Melissa
When you have time check out Melissa's creative little space. Melissa just loves a good cup of tea, she has 3 beautiful children her photographs are inspiring and her sewing is divine! 
Here goes....

What is your favourite time of the day?

I love first thing in the morning....cuddles, kisses, giggles and coffee/breakfast with my little family. The start of the days always brings promise of a new adventure, a play in the park, maybe a discovery.... a chat with a friend or a family member or just a fun day pottering about at home with the little one.

Where and when did you meet the love of your life?

He was born August 12th 2008 (my husband told me to write that)! and it is very true.....My husband (the other love of my life) was the boy down the road, and I was the girl up the street. 
We just celebrated our six year wedding anniversary... we feel very very lucky to have found each other.

What three words would your friends outside of the blogging world use to describe you?

Elegant, Gracious and Thoughtful
 (I emailed 2 of my oldest  and dearest friends on this one....they came back 
 with these sweet words)
 Thank you K and F x

What country would you like to visit and why?

I have been fortunate enough to travel to many amazing countries in the UK, Europe, America and Asia.....I would love to spend time relaxing by one of the stunning lakes or in a ski village in Canada. We always talked about doing a season in Canada.....we never got there. But it would be fun to hire a camper van and explore and ski as a little family!

What is your favourite dish to cook?

I enjoy cooking lots of different sorts of foods for different reasons.....I really enjoy cooking a simple raspberry cake (I started making this one after my son was born) it's quick, easy and I always have all the ingredients in the fridge. Perfect for a quick morning tea with friends....and a favourite for the two hungry boys in my house!

Salt or sugar?

I crave salt and love sugar in my coffee....i take two (hmm trying to cut back though)!

What are your must have make up or beauty items?

I am the queen of samples....my mum is a wonderful beauty therapist who keeps me up to date and well stocked with lovely Thalgo products. Make up is kept simple with a little Channel bronzing powder and paw paw cream for the lips!

What are your favourite flowers?

So many different ones for different reasons. I do love roses ( my wedding flower) and lavender....we have lots growing in our front garden. I love to pop the lavender into little bottles 
and place them around the house.

What are your worst vices...honestly?

I love coffee...2 cups in the morning (oh, i also love dunking scotch finger biscuits) while I drink my coffee and read blog updates!!!
hahaha....so think of me next time you receive a comment - i may just have a good old scotch finger hanging out of my mouth! (so elegant...don't you think)!

At what time of your life were you happiest and why?

The birth of my son....life changing in so many ways....i simply adore him!
Living in London/traveling  and becoming engaged to my husband and of course our wedding day . All amazing milestones which I will always savor....time spent with loved ones always makes me feel happy.

Starting this little creative blog for me is exciting....inspiring and energising. It makes me happy and reminds me to love, reflect and ponder the little things in my life.  I love recording these simple little moments that I post about - they are my moments....perfect little moments that make me smile, make me happy and make me remember. My moments that I so desperately want to hold onto and never ever want to forget. 

I am now looking forward to handing over this "getting to know you tag" to some very inspiring and creative girls who I would love to sit down and share my raspberry cake with....sweet girls who I would love to get to know more....





Check all these wonderful ladies out....they all display such a happy zest for life and for
 their little families. x


Happy Friday....this little hand holding the pretty
  beach flower made me smile this week.  x


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Great to read your answers Sarah, and thanks for tagging me!

Hmm, a couple of tricky questions there...

Oh, and a piece of raspberry cake sounds perfect!

Happy weekend.

Melissa said...

i have goosebumps miss.sarah...reading *when were you happiest*...you have so much love and give so much -it's just beautiful....

and from the smallest of photos...i absolutely knew you'd be elegant....x

i'm going to make a coffee, wish i had a shortbread to *dunk* and visit your other blogs....

thanks for sharing your thoughts { & your husbands about the love of your life...made me smile big!}...

melissa xx

Jane said...

Ooh, loveliness, Sarah. It's fun getting to know you better. And you've mentioned two of my favourite bloggers, Miss Meliisa and my friend, Sarah. Oh, and can we please have the raspberry cake recipe? J x

Laura said...

Hi sarah, thankyou for visiting me and for your lovely comments, its so nice to meet you and I am looking forward to reading your posts! Love your header pic; its so adorable!!
hugs, Laura c xxx

Emma said...

Thank you lovely Sarah, I am more touched than you could imagine! And I would love to have a coffee and a slice of raspberry cake(sounds delicious!) with you sometime. I am another caffeine addict... also with sugar! Hmmm! x

Amanda said...

I loved reading your answers Sarah and getting to know a little bit more about you. I have a sweet tooth too :) Thanks for your kind words on my post yesterday - your blog is one of my favourite reads too :) Have a wonderful weekend xx

Cat said...

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us Sarah, I enjoyed getting to know you a little more. I have to say I do like dunking a scotch finger into my tea too sometimes;). Thank you for sharing lovely photos with us, they are beautiful. Enjoy your Sunday. xo

Flotsam Friends said...

Love your answers and it's so great to step inside your head for this post... That's so sweet the way you start your day and that your husband was the boy down the road. I often think that could happen with my boys too! And don't worry about the coffee. I'm with you. We have an Atomic stove top machine which comes with us EVERYWHERE... NYC - Camping. Your blog is certainly how you described it and I like being apart of it!! Pruxxx